Community Care and Support for People living with HIV/AIDS, a transitional Shelter for AIDS patients, acts as a bridge between health care institutions and patients’ families, to create awareness in the community.
Volunteer intervention is required and very welcomed at the institution to help care for the patients who have often been left out of the social circle due to their condition.
You will foster AIDS awareness in the local community working within a local organization. You will educate the people on how AIDS gets transmitted and how it can be controlled. You will increase HIV/AIDS awareness among the Kenyan population and share your time with them for 20-30 hours a week.
Sample volunteer projects:
Everyday care for the patients and assisting nurses in the center
Helping the resident children with homework and providing them general care
Providing shelter for HIV/AIDS patients
* Counseling HIV-positive people and their families
* Treatment for HIV-positive patients
* Training programs for counselors
Volunteers in this project will work with local groups and will be responsible for a variety of tasks:
– Counseling activities
– Skill-sharing and training activities
– Rendering help in treatment (trained volunteers with a health care background only)
– Helping to prepare and present educational programs
– Any related help requested by local organizations.
Qualifications: No qualifications are required, there is no specific education, experience and skills needed to join the HIV/AIDS project. However, volunteers are expected to be flexible and patient as well as possess a passion and love for the poor and HIV-infected people.
- 2 Weeks : USD 850
- Extra Week: USD200
Included in Program Fee
• All Food
• All Accommodations
• Airport Pickup/Dropoff
• Transfer to Project Location
•Sim Card for your Cell Phone
• 24/7country coordination
• First Night Hotel accommodation on Bed and Breakfast
Not Included in Program Fee
• Visa Fee
• Phone Calls
• Daily Transport